Friday, May 1, 2009

5 reasons for Fingernail Polish Remover

Here are the top five reasons for Fingernail Polish Remover:



5. The PINKY finger



4. The RING finger



3. The Middle finger



2. The Pointer finger



and the No. 1 reason for Fingernail Polish Remover..........



The THUMB.



Thank you ladies and gentlemen.



(Quinlynne discovered some superglue last night. She came to me with the tube hanging from her pointer finger. I got it off of her and got her fingers separated before they stuck together. I immediately tried fingernail polish remover with a cotton ball. I had no luck. So, being irritated and letting my Hoffman temper prevail- told her tough luck- she was just gonna have to learn to deal with it. She was upset. She kept showing me that she couldn't bend her fingers. Then, the tears started. I tried to ignore her ramblings. But I paid attention with the snot was so thick running down her face...."I"m never gonna be able to eat again!!!!! I can't eat with glue on my hands!!!!" I tried my darndest to keep a straight face. She was most upset because she'd never be able to eat again. That's my kid. I finally got a glass bowl, poured a whole bottle of fingernail polish remover into it and had Quinlynne stick her hand in there, and a couple of fingers from the other hand. After about 45 minutes of soaking and rubbing, they were looking better. It was then her bath time. I let her play in there for longer than usual. Then, after lotion, Pull-Up, pajamas and hair combing- we went to the living room for Momma to peel the excess dried superglue from those darling fingers. I finished up by trimming the fingernails to get any excess glue out from under them. I am up for Mother of the Year. I will be accepting awards in the form of gift certificates. Thank you!)

No comments: