Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It figures

OK, this past Monday I had a test AND my care plan (that was for a grade) was due. Let me tell you what must be included in the care plan. A medicine list for your patient, a list of medical diagnoses for the patient which have definitions listed in everyday terminology, a concept map, a Gordon's Functional Health Pattern Assessment (for three weeks- this is 8 pages long itself), and 3 different nursing diagnoses with risk factors, nursing interventions, the rational for the interventions (sited), and evaluation for that intervention. So, when I went to the ER a week ago Monday, I had taken this folder with me that had most of this information with me so I could work on stuff while I waited.
Over the weekend I had this test to study for. Fine, good. I also had all this work to do for the care plan. For the LIFE of me, I could not find this folder anywhere. I was beside myself. I looked all over. I could not find it. Could. Not. I put off working on the care plan because I just knew I'd find this folder. If I didn't find it, I'd have to pull information totally out of my rear. (The bad part of this is, my clinical instructor has another group of students on Tuesday, and they have the same patients that us Wednesday kids have.) I couldn't just make up this information totally- she'd know! Sheesh!
I continued to look for this folder. I worked on the care plan and the diagnoses, the citing, blah blah. Finally, I work on this care plan & study and I do not go to bed until after 5 am on Monday. (The care plan was due, via the Internet, at 9 am on Monday.) I submit the care plan over the Internet. I pack things up. I get my laptop and put it in the little bag I'd used for it, on the sofa. Lo and behold, there in the bag is that freakin' folder. It figures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You're kidding. That both sucks and blows.

Angela said...

So you totally pulled an "Angie"!!