Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cowboy Up!

Her shirt says "Rodeo Princess"!

I have always wanted to the Rooster Days Rodeo. I had never been. It always just slipped my mind, until I could hear it going on each year across the highway from my house. This year- I said aloud to mom "We're going to go to the rodeo this year." So, last Friday we went to the rodeo. It was supposed to storm and the impending weather had my head just absolutely pounding. But, we loaded up and went. Quinlynne really liked looking at the horses.

We had to explain to her about the roping contests. We also had to explain about the barrel racing. During one barrel race, she even got down and was trying to climb the fence. Apparently the horse pooped, because this is the look she gave us.

She enjoyed the bull riding. She even took the camera and tried to take some pictures. She got a couple of decent ones.



As soon as the bull riding was over, the wind picked up and sprinkles began. By the time we made it to the vuck (van/truck= Chevy Uplander) it was beginning to pour. It took us quite a long time to get out of the parking area, but we just listened to music. We also enjoyed watching the cowboys. I made the mistake of commenting how hot the one in front of our vuck was. He then got in his dualie and Quinlynne said "Momma- I can't see him!!" So, I rolled down my window and he rolled down his and we started chatting. How funny is that??

No comments: