Tuesday, May 19, 2009

tee tiny

Last Friday I was on a walk, and I saw a turtle trying to cross the road. So, I risked my life for the poor creature (j/k- there were no cars coming). I picked up the turtle and carried it to the nearby ditch, where there was a lot of grass and water. During the entire walk I had been noticing squashed turtles, worms, snakes, frogs, etc. I happened to look down and saw this tiny little green round circle. To my surprise, it was a baby turtle- still alive! I picked it up and continued along my walk. I got it home and HAD to take a picture of it. I used something for size comparison in the picture. Being the good friend I am, I called Brenda to see if she and her boys would like to play with the turtle. Of course they would!!! Poor Quinlynne didn't get to see the baby turtle, but she'll survive. I had NEVER seen such a tiny turtle. Take a gander at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!
It reminds me of my tenth wedding anniversary. Neil and I went to Puerto Vallarta to a resort where sea turtles come each year to lay their eggs. The eggs hatched while we were there, and we got to help the baby turtles down the beach to the water. Very cool!