Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The recital- lots of pics.

So, I told you about the recital. I notified you it was coming up. Here we go with details about it. Early Sunday morning we had to be at the PAC for the walk-through. Quinlynne thought she was big stuff with her ballet shoes in her pink furry purse.
As I mentioned last year- the girls literally walk onto the stage, do a few little dance steps, and walk off. Then, we're free to go home....for all of an hour before it's time to head out again.
I did put a little makeup on Quinlynne. She absolutely loved that. I even put mascara on her. It is unfair how long that girl's eyelashes are. I have to put on two coats and don't even get half of what I got from a light coat on hers! Lucky! I started out in row U of the PAC. Little by little, the people started leaving. Quinlynne's dance was next to the last number (which is entirely too long ask 3-4 year olds to wait & then concentrate on a dance, if you ask me). By Quinlynne's number, we (My brother & I first, then we were joined by Angie & her boys) ended up in the very front row center! I was able to get clear pictures of Quinlynne.

Grandi was even a stage mom. She deserves a huge polishing on her halo for that.
After the recital I had to go pick up Quinlynne from the backstage area. I had some flowers for her. Here are some pictures of her with the little girls whom she's been in dance class with for 2 years now. Aren't they adorable with their flowers?

Here she is with her Momma. But you know who she was most excited to see right away? Her Uncle Aaron. Right before the curtain went down we had yelled her name and she saw us. She was so excited to see us all. Quinlynne got some miniature carnations from me and silk carnations & a magic wand from her father. Yes, I'll hold while you all pick your jaws up off the ground. He came to the recital. I have no clue if he's actually TRYING to be a dad, or if he's up to something. Since I only got $14.15 in child support last month..... Anyhow, Father Dearest wanted to get hugs from Quinlynne, but she just wanted to see her Uncle Aaron!

Finally, here is Quinlynne with her teacher, Miss Leach. She thinks Miss Leach is great. And here is an adorable picture of Elijah, Isaiah, and Quinlynne.


By the way, that is the cake I made for her special day. It's a Lollipop. The name of her dance song was something about a Lollipop.... Oh- and we didn't even get sick with the "flesh" colored tights- you know how I feel about those!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty. You must have so much fun with her hair! I'm glad she has a good relationship with Aaron. My SIL's husband walked out on her and their boys eight years ago and never contacted them again, and if it wasn't for Grandpa and Uncle Ryan, they would have no stable father-figure in their life. It's so important. Quinlynne is a lucky girl!

Rachel said...

Too cute!