I remember after they removed that lovely catheter, I could not urinate. I promised the nursing staff that if I could walk down to the nursery I'd be able to make that bladder work. So, I shuffled to the nursery (in my new robe) and stood there and admired what a beautiful human being Heavenly Father had blessed me with. I could not believe He trusted me with such a beautiful, precious, special spirit. How the Lord must love me, and He knows me....and He still trusts me with this little beauty? I still feel those feelings, and they make me cry. (After I got back to the room, I did produce what the nurses were after.)
So, like other people do, I will write 5 things about Quinlynne in honor of her 5th birthday.
1. "Momma, why does your hair feel like wood right here?"
2. "When I grow up I want to be a hair cutter. Then I can wear jeans, flip flops and a long-sleeve-up shirt every day to work."
3. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz at birth and was 19 inches long. I made them weigh & measure her again. "Ugh- look at me. I'm not exactly a small girl." (Also, at birth, the brief glimpse I got of her at the time they removed her from my uterus, she looked totally like an all white baby. Not at all what I expected. I thought to myself "Huh- maybe he was right....he didn't have anything to do with it.")
4. Despite being poked 6 times to get my spinal block done & the final product imparing my lung function, I love Quinlynne anyway. (Also- when she was brought into me from the nursery for the first time- I held her for about 30 seconds and was done. I asked if anyone else wanted to hold her. I just wanted to sleep.)
5. Quinlynne began sleeping through the night at 2 weeks. NEVER had any problems with her waking up during the night and needing attention. Now she wakes up nearly every night and needs help with something or other.
6. (One to grow on) Quinlynne's hair did not start curling until she was 9 months old.
7. (A pinch to grow an inch.) "Momma, I want an iPhone for my birthday." "No, Quinlynne." "Okay Momma, you get one & then you can let me use it."
I LOVE YOU, Momma's Precious!