Monday, March 17, 2008

Thank you- I can hear you

Today Quinlynne went back to the ENT. We are no stranger to the ENT, as she had her adenoids removed when she was 11 1/2 months old. She also had her tonsils and adenoids removed when she was 23 1/2 months old. A few months ago, during a visit with her PCP, her PCP said she would like Quinlynne to go to have her hearing evaluated because she feels Quinlynne does not enunciate or articulate as well as she should. Needless to say, I have been fretting about this ever since.

We did not have the hearing test I had anticipated. They apparently tested her ear canal and also the nerve that has to do with her hearing. I have no clue anything about this. They did say that absolutely nothing was wrong with her ears though. So, they are going to recommend that Quinlynne go for a speech evaluation and perhaps some speech therapy. This is fine with me.

If you haven't heard Quinlynne speak in a while...it's really her vowel sounds that are most noticeable. For instance, I have a friend named Angie. Quinlynne pronounces this "Ahngee". The phrase open door comes out "Oh-pin Dewr" (sounds a lot like apple juice). TV is TB, etc. This is not too odd, considering I had some speech therapy even until I was in 2nd grade. However, my issues were not the same issues Quinlynne has.

So, I guess I will call Quinlynne's PCP this week and get a referral for her to have a Speech evaluation and go from there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You ever think that maybe your daughter is just British?