Friday, March 14, 2008

Loss- how do you explain?

So, I went to work today. I worked at St. John's from 3-11. When I work this shift I usually leave the house about 1:45 so I can get a Sonic Happy Hour drink, then get to the hospital around 2:15, check in and get my assignment, then get to the floor and get report so I can start on time. I thought this was going to be a terrible night when I get to the staffing office and theyu told me the floor I was going to be on. However, it wasn't too terribly bad and I only had like 6 or 7 patients. Of course, 4 of them were very needy patients, but that's beside the point. I was definitely tired after work- but that's okay.




After work I had to go by the Gillem's and get my Jeep back. Uncle Charlie had put new breaks on it for me. So, I did not get home until after midnight.




Mom told me she had had quite an eventful day after I left. Long story short- Noel is no longer a part of the Hoffman household. She started vomitting and popping blood. Mom took her to the vet, they did a scope, but could not save her. The vet said it looked like she had gotten into some sort of poison, but it also looked like she had had some sort of genetic stomach problem she had had since birth. Mom said Quinlynne had not asked about Noel yet. But when she does, how do I tell her Noel died, and that she is not coming home? Quinlynne has already lost her Poppa. She understands that Poppa is with Jesus. But- do I tell her the same thing about Noel? Do I tell her that Noel is with Poppa now????




I will end this with a little picture of Quinlynne and her New-elle!






1 comment:

Sally said...

I definitely think you should tell her the dog is with Poppa. I had lots of animals die when I was little and we always talked about them going to heaven so I wouldn't be sad. She's really young too, so it shouldn't be too traumatic for her.