Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter activity



Well, Grandi was not here to help us celebrate this Easter. She and her sister, Charlsie, have gone to Hot Springs to see their brother, who is not doing so well health-wise. Grandi was quite upset that she was going to miss this Easter with Quinlynne (and Quinlynne's momma too- I'm sure) but we definitely understand.



Quinlynne and I got ready for church Sunday afternoon, and I must say- Quinlynne looked absolutely adorable. Grandi had called and left a voicemail for me on Saturday saying she really thought Quinlynne needed a hat to wear with her Easter outfit. So, after several stores and my last-ditch effort to go to the mall....I saw a Dollar Tree store and pulled in. I really wanted to see if they had any cheap strands of pearls. Instead- I came out of Dollar Tree with 2 adorable little white hats. I couldn't decide which would look better with her outfit. Quinlynne also had white gloves to wear. Those had been purchased before she was born by Grandi at a deep discount price of $1.25 or $.70 or something of the sorts at Dillard's.

Quinlynne liked her outfit I think. She left her jacket on for most of church, which impressed me. of course, the gloves came off before Sacrament meeting even started.



After church we came home and napped, then went to Uncles Charlie & Connie's house for some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn Easter dinner. (Oh yes, the Easter Bunny came and left Quinlynne's basket when she got up from her nap.) And did you know- the craziest thing happened. When Uncle Charlie & Quinlynne left for a minute, the Easter Bunny came and hid eggs in the back yard. We started off with 18 hard boiled eggs. When we came inside, we only had 12....Jazzy (a dog) apparently found the eggs intriguing! it was a great time!

4 comments:

Sally said...

I have to agree with you. She did look adorable at church!

Real Life Roberts said...

I found you on Sally's blog! So I loved that Quinny wanted to come sit with me at church! She looks so adorable!

Nicole said...

You two look great! Quinlynne is so big!!!! She is beautiful! I'm excited to keep up with the both of you.

Kim said...

I found your blog through CF blog-you have one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen!
God bless you both.
Kim
fellow blogger