Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Prayer working



Well, I had known this for a month or so- but Quinlynne is actually catching on to prayer. She went to stay with my cousin Penny and her son CJ, and my aunt Charlsie about a month and a half ago. I called Penny to check in on Quinlynne and she had good news for me. She said they had made breakfast and were getting ready to eat their oatmeal when Quinlynne pipes up and says "NO NO NO" whilst shaking her finger at them. She then folded her arms and bowed her head. Penny said "Do we need to bless the food?" Quinlynne nodded her head, so Penny helped her out and they blessed the food. I was so impressed! At home, when we bless the food (and say any prayer, for that matter) we have to try to make her sit still, and listen to her try and talk etc. Something is sinking in!

This evening before we ate dinner (chicken and dumplings- my first time to make it) we announced that we needed to bless the food. Quinlynne said she "would do". So, with a little help from Grandi, Quinlynne blessed the food. I was so proud of her.

Today while I was gone to go fill out a job application and take the necessary drug screening test, Quinlynne stayed home with Grandi. I had a request that was fulfilled while I was gone. My cousin Beau is in the Army and is now guarding prisoners in Iraq. I thought Beau would like it very much to receive a picture colored by Quinlynne. (He has a nephew that is about 3 weeks younger than she is.) Quinlynne picked out the picture she was coloring.....it was a picture of a big truck and she announced to her Grandi that "It Poppa's truck". She even colored it red and black like her Poppa's truck. It is amazing to me that my dad passed away 14 months ago almost (She was 16 months old when he died) and she remembers him, things he did, and different things about him. The veil is thin for the young ones!

I will try to post pictures of Quinlynne playing a little while later. I am trying to convince her to put some night time clothes on!

No comments: