Monday, March 31, 2008

How you get to Sesame Street







On March 27, Quinlynne had a very special date.

Angie, Grandi and I took Quinlynne and Isaiah to eat at Zio's, then we went across the street to the Mabee Center and saw.....Sesame Street Live! (I always wanted to go to Sesame Street Live when I was little...maybe I was a little too old? I did get to see Sesame Street on Ice one year, though.) Isaiah and Quinlynne (henceforth known as IQ) did really well waiting in the huge line to go up the escalators, then staying with us adults as we tried to find our seating section. We were just making it to our seats when the characters came out. I wish I would have had my camera ready right then. The look on Quinlynne's face was priceless. Her mouth came open and she was just staring in disbelief. (We had not told her we were going to do this. I think comes from my childhood- being let down on fun activities so much....I don't tell my daughter until we are there to do whatever so she won't be disappointed like I was.)

IQ were so enthralled. They sat very well. Quinlynne did get up and stand in front of her seat and start clapping her hands, and dancing around. She then coerced Isaiah into clapping and standing up and dancing a bit with her. Isaiah had some cute Sesame Street binoculars that he was using, and he was nice enough to "share" them with Quinlynne. IQ loved seeing their fun characters, larger than life, on stage and so close. We went outside after the show and it had turned off downright chilly. So, the date was cut a little short because we had to run to our vehicles. The night was a great night!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Hello! I did have them made-I found someone who custom made and monogrammed them on Ebay!

Sally said...

What a fun thing to go to. I wish I was a nice mom who took my kids out in public!