Monday, August 3, 2009

WTH, KOTH?

Last night I was standing on Quinlynne's bed, trying to get her mini blind all the way down. It has problems right now, one side of it is not going down. So, I'm standing up there trying to figure things out. Quinlynne climbs up there too, & and I'm trying to tell her to get down. She tells me she's just watching me. She watches me for a while & says "What the hell's wrong with it?" I didn't really listen to her the first time. But then she repeated it. I turned to her, trying to not laugh, and asked her what she had said. She repeated it. I couldn't help it, I laughed. I asked her where she'd heard that. (I was racing through my mind, thinking I couldn't have said that in front of her.) She tells me she heard it on King of the Hill. Again, I'm trying to not laugh. Hank Hill says this all the time. I tell her that is not a word we say, we can however, say "What the heck." I know I shouldn't have found it funny- but dang it, I laughed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say that phrase WAY too often myself, and sometimes hear the kids use it...bad mom! But we watch KOTH and The Simpsons, so it can't be all my fault. ;)

Anonymous said...

OH Shandy I can't wait until she says it in church......it is gonna be funny :)LOL

Angela said...

Too too funny! Love it! Her and Isaiah are truly made for each other!!

miamore said...

That is HILarious!! Oh my gosh king of the hill, Shandy! How bout sesame street ;-)