Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tulsa Zoo 2009

I finally got the gumption to take Quinlynne to the zoo. To say it was sweltering is like saying the the Grand Canyon is a creek bed. I hadn't told Quinlynne we were going to the zoo. Like I've said before, I try to not tell her plans for things. That way, if I have to cancel them, she's not disappointed. I was disappointed quite a bit when I was a kid & I remember how it felt.

I had planned to make it there at 9:00 when the zoo opens. Yeah, I didn't make that. I had to go get a TB test & run another errand, so it was about 11:00 when we made it there. Quinlynne was so stinkin' excited. She had to take Nicole with us into the zoo. Nicole is her preemie Cabbage Patch. We had the stroller for Nicole, but I told Quinlynne that she could feel free to climb in when she got tired.
We hit the elephants first. Quinlynne thought they were cool. She was amazed they ate "with their noses". We had to talk a bit about that.

We went all over the zoo with Quinlynne trying to tell me where we needed to go. Unfortunately, the Kodiak bear & the Polar bear were both dead. She did love posing in front of the Penguins though.

We made it to the zebras & giraffe and that was as far as Quinlynne could make it. She told me she was hot & she thought we should just go back to the van & cool down & maybe watch a movie. She sat in her stroller, took a drink of her water & told me she thought we really needed to go to Sonic & get a Sprite, because her water was hot- yuck!

Overall, we had a great day.....even though it was disgustingly hot.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ok were the kodiak bear and polar bear actually dead or was that just sarcasm! Surely it was sarcasm since it came from you!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII said...

I wanna cum in that little pussy mmmmmm