Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is for all the married ladies

This post is for all the married ladies out there. I just want all of you to know this is what you miss out on by NOT being in the singles scene. I know you probably get totally frustrated with your husbands and the things they do or do not do. But- consider the alternative. I have one example for you.

I met a guy on some website (don't judge) a long time ago. I recently began chatting with him, and we have spoken over the phone. I was thinking good things about him for a while. He is 37, has been married once, is educated, has custody of his daughter, uses proper grammar, does not curse, somewhat intellectual, is a veteran. He fought for custody of his daughter because the mom and her boyfriend were "disciplining" her in a cruel way. There were a few red flags I noticed- but we won't go into those. Let's jump right to the biggie. I was talking to him and he said that he was going through his paperwork and putting statements into the correct folders, etc. He told me that he has insurance on his daughter through CHAMPVA, so it pays 75% on medical bills and he pays 25%, after the $50 yearly deductible. He said he always keeps her statements and bills in a folder. He said he was toying around with the idea of keeping track of his out of pocket expenses for medical bills and was going to add them up when she got to 18, or 21 or whatever it was....the age when she gets her trust, and making her pay him back. My mouth dropped open. I said "I hope you're kidding here." He was not. He asked me if I thought that was a good idea. Most certainly I do not!!! He said "Well, why should I have to pay for her stupid mistakes? Like, when she gets into poison ivy, or she has to go to the doctor because she was playing outside without shoes on when it's cold." I told him that was what he was there for- to teach her to not do those things. He kept saying "Well, how is that fair to me???" I asked him if he came out of his mother's womb knowing everything to do in order to stay healthy. He just kept saying that it wasn't fair to him that he should have to pay for these things. I said "Well, I hate to break it to ya, but being a parent isn't fair. When you take on the responsibility to be a parent, you agree to take on these costs and take care of your child." He said "Well, how is that fair? I mean, is it fair that her mom doesn't pay any child support and I have to do it all on my own? I'm the one that set up this trust for her anyhow." I just couldn't believe I was hearing all of this. I told him it wasn't fair that he did it all on his own, but lots of people do. I don't get child support for my daughter, and I don't get any help from him for anything. However, I'm not planning on keeping track of my expenses in order to make Quinlynne pay me back.

Can you believe it??? What kind of person even has anything like that go through their mind?? Loser, selfish, etc.
He text messaged me today and asked when we could meet. I just told him that after our conversation yesterday I could not find it in myself to be attracted to him and perhaps we should not meet.
Ladies, do you see the kind of men that are out there for the taking? I'm assuming these are the reasons they are available! Too bad for me. Please let me hear your remarks and thoughts on this. I begin to think no one is moved enough by anything I post that they want to comment! Let me hear it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless.

I am without speech.

Oh no, I've got it...he is a gigantic ass. Run like shmell in the other direction!!

LoraBelieves said...

That is terrible.
I remember a time when I wondered if there really were any good guys left in the world, and if there were, if I would happen to find one. My youngest brother met his wife over the net, and she's a gem! Diamond's in the rough...
I saw this video recently, and it's been on my mind lately in teaching my children to not feel like the world OWES them something. Or in the case of that guy, his poor daughter. This video's hilarious though...here's the link...

http://momza.blogspot.com/2009/03/oh-how-far-weve-come.html

Angela said...

No it isn't that we aren't moved but you already heard my take on this! He is a selfish ass! I will find you someone but it is taking me longer than expected because of your high standards......proper hand placement....nostril size and all!! hahahah! Well and there is a lot of crappy ones out there! I'm telling you "Big love".....bwahahaha! Don't despair you will find someone worthy for you and your little diva....don't rush it because it will come when you least expect it!

Rachel said...

Whew! Glad I didn't hear that conversation in person...I think I'd probably give the guy a little piece of my mind. Talk about being clueless about parenting and having no "mother's heart". Bumps and bruises along the way are how the kids learn. But maybe I'm just too relaxed with my kids, what would I know??? I agree, he is an A$$!

P.S. My piggies are going to have to wait a little longer...I had an unfortunate mishap at the gym and lost my right big toenail. It's barely starting to grow back now!!!

Barbra said...

Hmm. I think you should date him lots Shandy. He's a winner! Don't you know that John keeps a file with receipts of every time we go out to dinner and I have to pay him back when he retires? That is his retirement plan. Mine is eating grubs and dirt and selling my geriatric self on the street.

Brenda said...

Because she ASKED to be born?! I'm dealing with this a little right now with parents feeling entitled to things from their children. (Not my parents.) I could seriously puke. It is so offensive to me that there are so many parents out there in the world who feel like they are owed a debt for raising their children. Maybe they should ask the government to bail them out.