Monday, March 2, 2009

I gave a Baby Shower

I am sure I may have mentioned this previously- but my brother and his wife are expecting their first baby together. I'm SOOO excited to meet my new niece (or nephew). They say this baby is a girl, but I just have this feeling that it is going to come out with a penis. I am not the only one who has this feeling. The due date is not until April 18, but apparently my SIL's OB said she should not travel after March 1. I know, I think 6 weeks of not traveling at all is a bit extreme. But, whatever. I'm still so excited to have a new little baby in the family.


My brother is a big fisherman. In fact, he is a charter member if the Bass Masters fishing club at Oklahoma State University. He's even been on ESPN for some fishing tournaments. He's all into the catch-and-release Bass fishing. (I ask you- what's the point of catching the fish if you're not going to keep them and eat them? I love a good fish fry!) My SIL has even been in some couple's tournaments with him. They do enjoy going out on the boat and spending some time on the water.

In addition to getting all of my stuff ready for the Just Between Friends sale this weekend, I was planning my brother's baby shower, and renewing my certification for CPR (if I let that expire I get kicked out of nursing school), and writing assessments and process recordings and getting my taxes done......it was crazy and continues to be. I made the baby shower invitations myself (if I knew how to get pictures from my Blackberry onto the computer I would download the picture onto this blog). They said "Come help us celebrate Aaron & Mandy's latest catch"......vital time and place info.....and then "the Small Mouth Hoffman is registered at Target".

Saturday came and Mom & I were mad shoppers at Just Between Friends. We literally stood in line an hour and a half before it was time for us to get in as consignors, and I ran up stairs to get to the strollers and car seats....and scored a brand new Chicco travel system with an extra base for less than half of what it costs retail. I know, I'm amazing. We waited for Aaron & Mandy to get in to the sale at 3:00, and we showed them all the stuff we had picked. We made them pick a few things out themselves. When it was time to check out I left them all in line and boogied on over to Sam's to pick up the cake. I came back and picked them up, along with the goods, and we headed to the homestead for the shower. Aaron & Mandy were 30 minutes late to their own shower. Isn't that lovely?

Not counting mom & I, or Aaron & Mandy, there were 20 or 22 people in our living room for the shower. Isn't that a great turnout? I have placed pictures throughout the post here for you to enjoy. Please feel free to tell me what a good job I did!

So happy Aaron & Mandy were blessed with so many gifts! Before the shower all they had was a crib...no mattress....but a crib. That is no longer the case! Come on Baby Hoffman!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Dude, you renewed your CPR certification without me?! What were you thinking?

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job! To get those pics off your Blackberry, you can send them in a text to your email, or you can email them to yourself. :)

Angela said...

What is on the cake? Make the pics medium size honey bunch so we can see them....I thought you renewed your cpr deal when i had quin or were you really on some top secret hot date???!! Hmmm....so sorry did you get your taxes done....if not I can still do them.