Monday, March 30, 2009

SNOW

Craziness, I tell you- we had at least 6 inches of snow on Saturday. This is SPRING!!!! We are supposed to be having sunshine, I'm supposed to be able to tell Quinlynne she can wear her "long sleeves up" (short sleeves) and "jean shorahts". Instead, we had crazy cabin fever. It was wretched. I usually don't let Quinlynne get out and play in the snow- mainly because I don't want to go, too. My excuse has been "You have a runny nose". I decided, however, that just wasn't very fair to a kid. I sucked it up, told her to put on her snow boots, and out we went.
This was good packing snow. I taught her how to throw a snowball. She had fun throwing snowballs at the house, at the old car parked in the yard (yes, we're classy all the way), and in the "pond", which is the drainage ditch.

I pulled her around on a sled. I felt like a mule. Then Quinlynne decided she was going to pull the sled.

We found bunny rabbit rails all over the yard in the snow. I saw like 5 of them out hopping all around last night. Quinlynne thought that was super cool. Then, I've saved the best pictures for last.....I pushed her down in the snow to show her how to make a snow angel, and she did not like that. She started crying and saying it was way too cold. Then, she went inside to tell Grandi on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She definitely has the Ugly Cry down pat just like her momma :)

Rachel said...

Way to go mom for sucking it up and braving that cold wet snow! I just bundled up and lazed around all day...my boys are so deprived sometimes!