Monday, March 2, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

This past Saturday (the 21st), Quinlynne went with her Uncle Charlie to the stake Daddy Daughter dance. We had told her the night before about the dance. She got all excited, ran into her room and I heard drawers opening and closing. I was nervous. She came out with her purple leotard with the attached skirt, saying that was what she was going to wear to the dance. I had to stifle laughter and tell her that she was going to a dance, not dance class. She looked at me like I had 2 heads. I had to explain to her that when you go to a dance, you dress up and look pretty. I told her the dress she was going to wear. She was not pleased.

The following day we had quite the busy day. But, we got home and I showered her and did her hair, and got her ready for her big date with Uncle Charlie. She looked so pretty. She was not very cooperative with the pre-dance pictures. I hope she does not act this way when I go to take pre-prom pictures.


After the dance, Uncle Charlie brought her home by curfew. (tee hee) Quinlynne was way more cooperative with the post-dance pictures. She apparently did not dance at the dance. (She told me later that it was because she was watching everyone else dance. She wanted to see how to do it.)


She liked the craft projects there. She even painted Uncle Charlie's hand for him. So thoughtful. I'm so glad that my Precious has Uncle Charlie is here and willing to be such an active participant in Quinlynne's life. I worried when I was pregnant that Quinlynne missed out on daddy-daughter activities. (I missed out on the majority of them too, since my dad was an over-the-road trucker and was gone- and I turned out okay and I'm not scarred by the lack of attendance in these activities. But still- you want more for your own daughter.) Thank you Uncle Charlie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hand? That is true love on his part! He went to work with green nails the next day!