Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! The above picture is the good picture I got of Quinlynne. The one I'll post a little bit further down...that's one I took for her prosperity. You know, when she some day comes to me saying that her kids won't cooperate and they tell her "I don't want to" about everything.....



I don't ever do anything really special for this day. Even though I do have Irish blood running through me. (My maternal great-grandmother is a McCain.) You'd think I'd do something neat like make green pancakes or color milk green....I'm never quite that on top of it. In college, at OU, there is a local pub right off campus called O'Connell's. Many a student get up early and go eat green eggs & ham there, along with the green beer. I can't tell you how many drunk students show up for class, then walk right back on over to O'Connell's. (Sometimes the teachers gave extra credit for coming to class on St. Patrick's Day.) Once night falls at this little Pub, the real excitement begins. The party mainly takes place in the parking lot, people have their steins, the green beer runs out and normal kegs are tapped, and the sea of partiers is so thick you can't stir them with a spoon. I was the designated driver more than once for this little party. I didn't mind- at least my friends were not walking around all drunk, or even worse- driving.



Now I dress my kid up in green, take her picture, and I must say- I MUCH prefer celebrating St. Patrick's Day this way!!!
I hope you all have a GREAT St. Patrick's Day! May the Luck 'o the Irish be with ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is definitely just like her name sake on the lovely disposition......hahaha

Angela said...

I love her hat! Took the boys pics and I'll post them later! Where'd you get hers? She cracks me up....the last pic is so IQish!!!