Thursday, April 16, 2009

Duck, duck, GOOSE

Since I have been so busy with nursing school, I try to take Quinlynne and do something fun with her one-on-one at least once a week. (Don't I sound like a terrible mom? Trying to get time with my kid once a week?) Lately, when the weather allows us to, we have gone to the park. Various parks. Every Tuesday I have been going to Riverside and walking/trying to run. There is a great park there that Quinlynne really likes. I usually have Quinlynne in the stroller and then I let her play after I am done walking. Last week, on Tuesday night, my shoulders were hurting so badly. I couldn't figure out why. DUH! I pushed a 40 pound kid a couple miles at a rather good clip. I wasn't able to move and swing my arms. Those strollers really do hinder. SO, this week, I asked Mom if she would meet me there and watch Quinlynne play at the park while I walked. She was able to help me out. Thank goodness! (I made much better time & my shoulders didn't ache at all that night!) Quinlynne absolutely loved playing at the park. Why is it kids adore parks so much?

I have a great clinical group. There are only 3 of us gals in my clinical. We have gotten to be friends and have taken our kids to do things together. One of the gals told me about a park with a pond where the geese are great, especially to go feed. Quinlynne and I decided we'd take her up on her offer. (When I picked her up at school, she was too funny. I put her in the van and she said "Momma, I like my shirt. Thank you for picking it out for me!" Where did that come from?) So, Quinlynne got to feed geese for the first time. She did enjoy herself.
See what I mean about her backside...looks like that should be Lester Hoffman's behind!
She looks so peaceful....she was really cooking something up. What a goofy look!

No comments: