Saturday, January 31, 2009

Read my lips....

OK, this is going to be a short entry. I am SOOOOO supposed to be studying for my first nursing exam, which is Monday. BUT- Quinlynne went to a birthday party today. It was a party for her betrothed's brother, Elijah. After the party, Quinlynne went with Isaiah's family to eat, then home to play. Angie, Isaiah's mom, had to call me to tell me some of the hilarious things she's done.
Apparently they all went out to eat. Isaiah was sitting beside Quinlynne at the table. He kept tapping her arm and saying "hey", trying to get her attention. Angie said he said "Hey" about 50 times and finally Quinlynne turned to him and said "My name is not 'Hey', it is Quinlynne,". Angie said Quinlynne continued looking at him and very slowly, enunciating each sound said "QUIN-LYNNE". I was rolling with laughter. I asked Angie how she kept a straight face and she said she couldn't. I have no clue, no clue I tell you, where she could have picked up something like that. (Looking all over for the cluprit, I am!)
Also, I guess Quinlynne had been trying to get Angie's attention. Finally Quinlynne said "Angie", and Angie said "Yeah?" Quinlynne looked at her- straight faced and said "We don't say 'yeah', we say 'yes?',". Angie said she felt very.....corrected and said "Oh, okay". Apparently my mom has been working with Quinlynne on not saying YEAH this week. It's working!

1 comment:

miamore said...

OH my gosh! You could never guess who Q's mama is! haha! Those stories are HILarious! I see a little of you and a little of your mom in these stories - too funny!!

I would say that a future in answering help desk calls probably shouldn't be in her future (although listening to you answer help desk calls was always QUITE entertaining!)