Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Pictures, finally

I am finally going to post some Christmas Pictures.
Quinlynne writing her letter to Santa.
Showing off her new PJs Mrs. Claus made for her and brought on Christmas Eve. If you can't tell- they're flannel and they have Santa's jacket and drawers hanging on a clothes line!
Remains of Santa's snack and the note he left for Quinlynne.
Showing off her Ariel umbrella.
A new Barbie that Santa left for her.
Putting her "haul" in her new Tonka dump truck. Her first Christmas, she was 4 months old. My dad and I talked about how she would need a Tonka dump truck. But, I wouldn't settle for any old Tonka dump truck. She needs a METAL one, do you know how hard those are to find nowadays??? So, Santa's helper went shopping a couple of days before Christmas and the first thing she saw was a Tonka dump truck and front loader set...she knew her husband would have looked no further- and she purchased the set on behalf of her husband, Quinlynne's Poppa.
After we opened our presents, Uncle Charlie and Aunt Connie came over and had brunch with us. This is Uncle Charlie playing a matching game with Quinlynne.
After brunch we packed up our stuff and headed to my brother's family's place in Kansas. Quinlynne was SOOO excited to go to Kansas and see her Uncle Aaron. The only way I convinced her to get in the van (to drive there) was she could watch The Polar Express all the way there. By the way- did I mention that she watched The Polar Express on Christmas Eve (CJ and Penny got it for her last year and thought it would be a neat Christmas Eve tradition for her to watch that)....and I almost couldn't get her to get out of bed Christmas morning, she wanted to watch the movie again!!! Anyhow, she and her cousin, Abby, played dress up. This is Quinlynne in a hot pink wig with a tiara. Very becoming.
This is Quinlynne in another of Abby's dress-up outfits. Kind of hoochie-momma-ish, isn't it? I better never catch her trying to wear something like this once she has a chest that requires a bra!!!

2 comments:

miamore said...

SHANDY! I found you! I was looking on shanquin, and it was gone! I was so distraught! WOW Q is getting so big!!! Is she as tall as me now?? Looks like you had a great Christmas! I miss you!

Sally said...

Oh baby, I love the pink wig!