Monday, January 26, 2009

MY Favorite Five

So, I was reading my friend Joni's blog. She has a great blog and she's super crafty, and intelligent, and beautiful, and nice, etc. It kind of makes me ill. Anyhow, I was tagged on her blog to share my favorite 5 things. I have never done anything like this. It could be a bit challenging for me.

1)Let's see....obviously- I love my family. My parents are great and have taught me many lessons- both good and bad. My brother and I used to be the closest. Not so much any more. I pray our closeness can one day return- he's probably the greatest guy I know. It makes me very sad that we are not the friends we used to be, but like I said- I pray that we can return to what we used to have. You all know how I feel about my Precious, Quinlynne. (I will insert here that I love Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I feel as though they should be mentioned here because Heavenly Father IS my Father in Heaven and Christ is my elder brother, my Savior.)



2) I LOVE to travel. I am usually up for a roadtrip. Perhaps that comes from my truck driver father? I got to see much of the United States thanks to my dad. I've even seen lots of it on the back of a motorcycle. The Hoffmans never took a vacation if it wasn't in the truck- we gotta make money if we're going someplace. "If the truck's sittin' still, we're not makin' any money." I have been to Europe, too. Loved-it! Back to the roadtrips- nothing beats driving 80 mph on our highways with the sunroof open and good music playing, sun shining down...ahhh- I can feel it now!




3) I love the National Lampoons Vacation movies. I know I have mentioned this previously- but I can watch those movies over and over and over. My family IS the Griswolds. My dad was the perfect combination of Cousin Eddie and Clark W. Griswold. Just ask anyone who knew him. Our family watches these movies repeatedly- and we STILL laugh at them!





4) I love a good adrenaline rush. This could be part of the reason I am back in school to become a Registered Nurse. Granted, I like helping people, I like learning something new every shift I work, I like helping teach someone something I already know, I like seeing people's health improve. However, I LOVE the adrenaline rush of a Code Blue, of a patient coming in with his ear hanging by a thin piece of skin, of a person having reactions to meds that are not expected and they try to rip out IVs, rip off their clothes, etc., the anticipation of a trauma patient being life flighted in and being on the "front lines". Is that sick and wrong of me? This could be part of the reason I enjoy driving so fast. (I once had my Jetta at 134 mph between Hobbs, NM and Carlsbad, NM.)

5) I love dancing. I know- you wouldn't think someone who looks like me would have such a passion for dancing. I do, though. I love ballet (12 yrs), tap (20 yrs), jazz (7 or so yrs), salsa, waltz, (not so much on the contemporary side), etc. My TRUE, TRUE love is tap. I would take a picture of my tap shoes and post on this- but they are packed away in storage. I cannot watch a good tap number without tears coming to my eyes.
Whom shall I tag to share their favorite 5?? How about Natalie, Angie, Brenda, Mia & Rachel?












1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful & thoughtful! I hope school is going great!