Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cookie madness


This week I decided Quinlynne was going to decorate sugar cookies for Christmas. I invited our neighbor kids over to help. I tried a new icing recipe, and I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan. I usually use more of a frosting....but I opted to go with an icing on this.

I totally can't stand making messes, so I just had to sit back and tell myself "it's all good" as Quinlynne was mixing two or three colors together on a cookie...with the sprinkles in there, too. What matters is- they had a good time.

Aren't these just the ugliest cookies you've ever seen? I'm sure they don't taste any different than ones that are beautifully decorated. Of course, to Quinlynne- they are beautiful and she was very proud of her hard work. Which, of course, makes me very proud of her end product as well.

After cookie decorating I parked the kids in front of the tv to watch a great Christmas show, a great family show with high standards..."King of the Hill". I absolutely love that show and have passed it along to Quinlynne! What great parenting skills.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids love that show! Of course, Neil and I let them watch "The Simpson's" because we like to watch it, too. Parents of the Year award? Not so much.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have to do that too - try really hard to NOT tell my kids the "correct" way to do everything & just let them be creative ;).

Anonymous said...

I bet the cookies were delicious! As a side and completely unrelated note. When I first glanced at the name of your new blog I thought it said "mean and curly."

Angela said...

Too funny! Our cookies did not look bad at all and I know you know why!! I couldn't let go and have a chaotic mess with frosting, sprinkles, crumbs, etc. I felt bad even during the decorating process because i didn't feel like I was letting them be creative enough but alas that still didn't make me loosen the reigns A BIT!!