Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Dangers of Snow Days

Quinlynne's school is closed when Broken Arrow Public Schools is closed. Thanks to our rural areas (our street included) Broken Arrow Public Schools were closed today. I had an interview today that was originally scheduled for 10:30. I really didn't want to go down my road until a few more cars had made the trek and paved a way for me. I rescheduled my appointment and asked the kids across the street if they'd watch Miss Q. Of course they could!

I had Quinlynne go in her room for about 30 minutes before it was time for me to leave for her to have some quiet time. Well, I get ready and go to her room to get her snow boots on. THIS is what I find.

The child had her water bottle out, her comb, and two different styling products. She did something very similar a few nights ago and I couldn't 't find exactly what it was she had used. This is water, Bouncy Creme by ISO, and Curls Rock by Catwalk. Yes- it's scary, isn't it?

Doesn't it bring to mind that scene from "Coming to America" when all the Soul Glo family members get up from the sofa and there's a huge grease mark where their heads were? I mean- yuck- look how gloppy it is! So- when stuck indoors- do not let Quinlynne have any alone time in her room. And she totally looks at me like I'm in the wrong for interrupting her time in her sanctuary. Pardon me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really glad you picked "Coming to America" for the visual b/c I thought you were going to say "There's Something about Mary" *gagging*