Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We put our Christmas Tree up last week. It's a chore of love, that's for sure! Since my back was bothering me so badly, I was not able to hang the decorations. I did however, assemble the tree and hang the lights and the silver beads. I just LOVE the way the Christmas Tree looks each year. There is something magical about them, do you agree? Even when I have lived all by my lonesome, I always put a Christmas tree up to enjoy. Christmas trees are always an interesting and personal thing. Like- do you have a theme for your tree, or is it a mish-mosh? Do you abhor icicles or do you rain them down onto the tree from the ceiling fan? Clear lights or multi-colored lights? In our family our tree is decorated with a conglomeration of ornaments that have been collected over the years. You see, each person in our family gets an ornament each year that has significant meaning for something that person is into at that time. For instance- I have in my collection Barbie, Cookie Monster, ballerinas, an OU Sooner Schooner, etc. For my own family (Quinlynne and I) I have a beautiful letter "Q" that I hang and I got an "S" to match it for myself. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love her initial????) I also have a silver circular picture frame ornament from Restoration Hardware that I put a picture of Quinlynne in each year. Some people have a color theme for their tree- some people put bows all over their tree, some people put "snow" on their tree, and I could go on and on. Share with me what you do with your tree! I think it's neat to hear these sorts of things.

Anyhow, so our tree went up. Quinlynne apparently decided she needed to make a contribution to the tree. And this is what it was: a pacifier. She took that cute little thing she had been playing with and hung it on a branch, then turned around and told her Grandi and I "DON'T touch it". She has heard that enough already....maybe she'll catch on. Anyhow- I thought it was humorous and I had to take a picture.

Also, another tradition under our tree is Santa. The Sleeping Santa always goes under the tree and either Aaron or I got to put him there. This year Quinlynne had the honor of placing him under the tree. Santa is a tired man! I always look forward to seeing him under there. Share with me neat and interesting things in your family tree traditions!

No comments: