Thursday, December 11, 2008

She participated!

Quinlynne had a Christmas Program at her school tonight. (I didn't even know about it until I got a "Christmas Program Reminder" that was sent home with her on Monday! ack!) So, I had her dressed in "Sunday best" and at her school at 6:30 this evening. I had no clue what to expect. I had been asking her what she was going to do in her program and she never would answer. The kids (ages 2-4) were so cute walking into the chapel. Quinlynne's class had their turn and I just didn't know how she would do....would she stand there like a bump on a log, or would she actually participate?
I had my doubts as she was walking in...she looked too ornery.
But she started participating, even with the hand motions to "Away in a Manger"!
She even did the big gesture at the end of the song! Ah- it does a mother's heart good when her sometimes "horned" child acts so angelic and participates!
Quinlynne was SOOO excited that her Uncle Charlie came. She had to tell all the kids standing around her on the stage that he was there!
Quinlynne and her Miss Sarah. This is Quinlynne's teacher- one of the ones Q cries for when we leave school.
All in all, I was so proud of my Little Angel. She was excited to sing the songs she'd been preparing. I hope she does this well in her first Primary Program that will be coming up way too soon, since she'll be a Sunbeam starting in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

"Uncle Charlie" is in my parent's ward. We love him too. He fixes everything at their house that needs fixing! He is the best. Quinlynne looks so cute! Those programs are always so cute. Of course, we can't have those in public school because to them it is only Winter Break! Bummer

Angela said...

Hmm...I thought his name was "Chawchie"! lol She is adorable!