Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swimming Lessons

This Monday Quinlynne (and I) started swimming lessons. I say that I started them, too because I have to be in the water with her for this class. When we first got to the pool I thought "uh oh, we're in trouble" because when everyone else got in the water, she started pulling back and saying NO. However, since her friend Isaiah is in the class and he wasn't pitching any fits, she gave up and got in. The teacher incorporates a lot of fun songs for us to sing with the kids. She is loving it. Every night before we go to bed, Quinlynne has to ask if we're going to go to bed, then go to school, then after school "we go to swim lessons, momma?" She loves putting on her sunscreen that is in the pink can. (Because it's in a pink can, maybe?) Since I've been in the water, I have not been able to take pictures of this joyous occasion. Hopefully one night soon, Mom will be able to come to the lessons and man the camera. Tonight we will be working on the kids going completely under water. Let's hope this is not the straw that breaks the camel's back. I will keep my fingers crossed. Pictures will be coming soon, too, I hope!

No comments: