Sunday, June 21, 2009

A name & a blessing for a new Hoffman

Today Cadyn Marie Hoffman was given a name & a blessing. Her daddy was the one who gave her blessing. This was my brother's first blessing, of any sort, to give. I knew my brother was very nervous because the men all gathered at the front of the chapel with Cadyn, everyone bowed their heads, and there was silence. My brother gave a sweet blessing, and held Cadyn up, similarly to how he held up Quinlynne after her blessing (like in Lion King), and enjoyed showing everyone his baby daughter.

Cadyn had a pretty blessing dress, a beautiful baby bracelet (from the Arkansas gang),
Aunt Shandy painted her toe & fingernails, & I had also made her a very pretty blanket to use for her blessing. She was a very content little baby.

So, although I very much missed my own Dad today, I was happy to feel the beautiful spirit that a baby blessing brings, to help celebrate Father's Day for my brother. I know that my Dad was very proud of my brother.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh goodness she is so pretty!! She looks beautiful!