Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What in the heck?

OK, so I missed a couple of calls today on my cell phone. I didn't recognize the number and the person left a voicemail finally. Guess who it was?? It was Quinlynne's sperm donor. He left a message saying that he would like me to call him at my earliest convenience. I just almost puked. I weighed the pros and cons, but curiosity salted the slug (like that saying? I got it off the tv yesterday) and I called him. I SOOO did not want to- the whole time my voice was catching in my throat.

After the ritualistic nicities, he asked me if I knew he'd been to jail. I told him I didn't know. He said that he'd just gotten out in April (which I'm almost 100% positive that he got out in October- but I could be wrong) and he was in there for not paying child support. He said he'd called DHS and gotten everything set up and everything should be back to "normal" soon, and I should be getting child support. I told him I'd never gotten anything beforehand.

He then asked me about Quinlynne, how she was doing, etc. He informed me that he would like to have a fresh start. He apologized for the things he had and had not done. (Of course- I don't think I can trust this.) He told me Quinlynne has two parents and he really wants her to get to know him. He told me that he wants to get to know his daughter. He asked to speak with her on the phone and I let him. I told her that his name was Adar. So she said "Hi Adar". He told me later that he wants her to get to call him "Dad", not Adar. I told him that was something he had to earn.

So here's my question....do I let him see her? I know enough not to trust him. I know it's easy to be a hard nose- but imagine yourselves what it's like to have a child and the father of that child doesn't want anything to do with your kid. It actually kind of hurts my heart a little-
what to do?

Feel free to comment or email me. I would like some feedback. BTW- my email is shandypaige@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Sally said...

sorry I'm a little behind on reading blogs. Well, I obviously have no experience with this type of thing, but I don't think it would be all that bad for her to get to know him a little. Even if he never really makes a huge effort to be her Dad, at least Quinlynne will have some memory of who he is. I could be totally wrong though...just my opinion.