Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Butterfly, butterfly spread your wings




Quinlynne did so well in her 1st dance recital. As you know, she was a butterfly. She looked adorable in her costume, and Sophia's mom put makeup on her (she wouldn't let me). Grandi was a stage mom so this momma could watch the whole thing.

Quinlynne was the 1st little girl on the right hand side, right in front of Miss Leah. She really surprised me with how well she knew her dance. I thought she would forget or freeze up. Nope, no way, not my kid. She sang the little song and did all the steps. I was so proud of her! When the dance was over, not only did I have some tears in my eyes- I had my ugly cry. But I wasn't the only one.

Charlsie, Penny, Aaron, Mandy, Abby, Uncle Charlie, Uncle Connie and Rosie all came to watch her. I know for sure that Penny, Aaron and I all had tears in our eyes.

I was in charge of videoing the dance and Aaron was in charge of the regular camera. Near the end of the recital I'm going through the pictures onthe camera, and I'm thinking "This doesn't look like Quinlynne. Neither does this one. Wait- Quinlynne wasn't standing by Miss Shelly. Oh- if I look closely- I can see Quinlynne in this one." Apparently, Aaron heard me say she was on the end. He did NOT hear me say "Quinlynne's on THIS end, that's why we're sitting to this side of teh stage." SO, I have tons of pictures of some other little brown girl who was at the opposite end from Quinlynne. I wonder if her parents want them? Let me post the two pictures I was able to salvage of my child.

After the recital, we tried to take some pictures in the lobby.


Penny and Charlsie had brought Quinlynne a rose and Uncle Charlie and Uncle Connie had gotten Quinlynne a little boquet of flowers. Aaron, Mandy, Abby & Penny left before we did and I thought Quinlynne was going to have an absolute, complete meltdown for her Uncle Aaron. This is a picture of her crying for her Uncle Aaron.






The child was way beyond needing a nap. The only one she got was in the Jeep though. There was more of the day to come when we got home.

No comments: