Friday, May 9, 2008

So- she saw

Quinlynne and I had lunch with the genetic materials donor today. It wasn't too bad. We met at Mazzio's. I thought about Quinlynne wearing a really cute little pink bermuda short outfit....but I figured NO- no need. I let her go in the same little outfit she wore to school. Don't get me wrong- she didn't look like a ragamuffin child, but not her normal fashionista self.

So, I picked Quinlynne up from school and we were a few minutes late getting to the restaurant. She, of course, thought we were meeting Grandi there. I had to tell her it wasn't Grandi we were meeting, it was someone named Adar. She kind of looked at me like "Whatchyou talkin' 'bout Momma?" (Said like Arnold on Diff'rent Strokes.) I was a little shocked that he had actually already paid for Quinlynne and I, and had the plates on the table. I got Quinlynne a slice of pizza and some breadsticks, then went to fix myself a salad.

Quinlynne was very clingy with me. That kind of surprised me....perhaps she sensed the evil! tee hee For some reason, he took pictures of both Quinlynne and I on his phone. He had to tell me a little about his time in the pokey, and I politely listened....thinking the whole time that he totally deserved it.

Long story short- he would like to see her more often. He wants all of his kids to get to know each other (a convention center needs to be rented for that affair!). I'm not sure how I feel about that. He tried to get a hug from Quinlynne when we left and she turned him down. She did tell him thank you and blew him a kiss. So, let me just tell you I still do not trust him any further than I can throw him. But, it was a satisfactory meeting.

No comments: