Friday, October 2, 2009

more little things

Today as Quinlynne's dance class. This is the first year that we've had dance class on a week night. In the past they've always been on Saturday mornings. So, previously, Quinlynne has been allowed to get a doughnut after dance class. She seems to think this carries over- even though dance classes are in the evenings now.

When I picked her up from class tonight she asked if she could get a doughnut. I asked her if she wanted a doughnut of tasty chips. ("Tasty Chips" are won tons from a Chinese restaurant.) She told me she wanted a doughnut. I had to run across the intersection and pick up a couple of things at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, so I told her we'd get her doughnut there. NO....that was not good enough. She wanted a doughnut from the "good" place. She loves Krispy Kreme.

Now, I'm going to make a confession here that may render me a freak in some of your eyes. Here it goes....I do not like doughnuts. Really never have. I will admit- a warm Krispy Kreme, or a chocolate iced creme filled from Krispy Kreme is tasty....but I've only craved doughnuts when I was pregnant. They do nothing for me but make me want to puke. That being said, I try to be a good mom and not force my food opinions onto my daughter. (Hence the reason she eats raw tomatoes like they are french fries. Seriously??? Raw tomatoes??? My stomach is turning just me thinking about them.)

As we pulled up to Krispy Kreme Miss Thang already had her seat belt off. I asked her what she was doing. I informed her we were going though the drive-thru. She quickly covered for her mistake by saying that something had been wrong with her seat belt and she was just trying to fix it. I checked out the parking lot status and decided it was dead enough that we could go in. I pulled into a parking space and turned off the engine. I told Miss Thang to get out. She said "Are we going in?" I replied in the affirmative. As she's walking to meet me on the sidewalk she said "I LOVE you momma" in the dreamiest tone I've ever heard her use. I stifled my laughter. Oh how cute....letting her go into Krispy Kreme elicits proclamations of love from my child. How sweet! It's those little things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like doughnuts either. I feel so gross after I eat one, and I haven't had one in probably 15 years- yuck! However, I do LOVE raw tomatoes. I get the pints of the cherry variety and eat them all myself. It grosses Neil out.

Brenda said...

You two are dorks. They're called fresh tomatoes, not RAW tomatoes.

And I love doughnuts and fresh tomatoes, but not together.

Angela said...

I get that same dreamy tone over doughnuts too! I love doughnuts and so do the boys; however, I do not care for Krispy Kreme doughtnuts! I can't believe you don't like doughnuts!