Sunday, October 11, 2009

Class Act


I had to run to our local Coweta Wal-Mart late this evening. I'm talking....10:45 or so. You gotta just love the class acts you can witness there.



1) It's chilly out. I had on a jacket. That's saying a lot. There was a mom coming into the store. She was wearing jeans, a sweatshirt & flip flops. I'm okay with that. However, the little boy she had in the buggy (probably 3 years old) was wearing a long sleeve shirt, camo pants, and NO SHOES!! No shoes on his dirty little feet. You know, I understand if he was running around the house with no shoes on. But, if it's cold enough that you need to wear a sweatshirt- take the time to put something on your kid's feet!



2) I was in the aisle, on my way out. I see a man standing with his kid in the basket. He was obviously waiting on someone. I hear a lady in the next aisle calling out flavors of something. I wasn't really paying attention to her. We arrive at the end of the aisles at the same time. She is holding two bottles of Boone's Farm "wine". She says "When did Wal-Mart start carrying wine?" I had to totally stifle myself and keep walking. Honey- if it costs less than $4.00 a bottle, it probably can't be considered wine. Also, I don't think true wine would have flavors like "Blue Hawaiian" and "Strawberry Margarita". Something tells me, the Napa Valley winemakers wouldn't approve of those names.



Yes, class acts, I tell you.



*Just so you don't get the wrong idea....I'm not a drinker. I'm not going to say that I have never tried any of these beverages- but I didn't like it- so why bother? (Not to mention I was raised to NOT partake in these beverages.) BUT, I do know enough to know that good wine costs a bit more than $4.00 a bottle.

No comments: