Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our SCARY jack-o-lantern

Quinlynne & I took Sunday evening as our FHE time. The girl had been harping on me forever to carve our pumpkin. I had a plan. Quinlynne & I had been talking about it. This was not going to be any ordinary jack-o-lantern. (Our neighbors across the street already had their jack-o-lantern lit on their front porch....talk about the pressure on me!) So, we brought the pumpkin inside & started cutting it open and cleaning it. Quinlynne actually got her hands dirty this year. We carved & carved & carved.....this is our final product.

Sorry about the blurriness of the dark picture. But, you get the idea. Quinlynne enjoys going out in the evening to light the candle in her jack-o-lantern. It is also her job to blow out the candle before she goes to bed.

SOOOOO spooky, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Very groovy. :)

Sally said...

What a cute idea! I'm a total dud mom this year and didn't let my kids carve pumpkins. I hate the mess!