Thursday, October 22, 2009

That Fall time of year

This year Fall has been beautiful. It's wrecking havoc with my allergies, but it's been beautiful. I've enjoyed not having 90 degree weather into October, and the oranges, yellows & reds are amazing to regard. Fall is my favorite!

Every year we go to the pumpkin patch in Bixby. I've told you this before. Well, it has been raining so much this month I was beginning to wonder if we'd be able to go. Between my schedule, Grandi's schedule & the rain.....time was running out. Last Friday I ended up taking Quinlynne to the pumpkin patch by myself. I know Grandi was quite sad about this- but she survived.


It was super muddy out there. It was also super busy. I've never been there when it was that busy. There was also a nip in the air. This was not the best for picture taking. Quinlynne did not want to take her jacket off. So- I didn't really get many pictures of her with her pumpkin shirt on. The few that I did get- she was crying because she wanted her jacket on again.



We ended up running into a friend of mine from nursing school. She was out there with her family. Quinlynne has had a few play dates with her girls, so it was fun to watch them hook up. Quinlynne is about a year older than my friend's oldest daughter. Quinlynne and Cady enjoyed playing follow the leader. I think Quinlynne just likes trying to take control. Anyhow, the two of them were standing up on this hay bale to look at some animals. I got the cutest picture.

Enjoy the beautiful weather & beauty our Heavenly Father has blessed us with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. They are too big now and find it boring. :( I love it when they're little and still finding excitement in small things.

Sally said...

I love the pumpkin patch in Bixby. I wasn't up for taking all three by myself this year though.