Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kinky or straight?

You know how it goes....girls with straight hair want curly hair....girls with curly hair want straight hair. Well, it's already starting at the Hoffman household. I long ago came to grips with the fact that my hair is straight as a board and there's nothing I can do about it. It's straight & boring and blah. Quinlynne, on the other hand, has beautiful curly hair. Learning how to do curly hair has been a bit challenging for me, but we're coping. A few weeks ago, as I was getting Quinlynne ready for bed, she started stroking my hair and said "OOOOh, Momma, you're hair's so silky & soft & straight." She was just running her hand through my hair & did it over & over. Running a hand through Quinlynne's hair is not something you can do easily. Your fingers get stuck in the curls. Since that evening she has repeatedly informed me that she wants straight hair. I keep telling her how lucky she is that she has such beautiful, soft, curly hair.


Saturday we were getting ready to go run some errands. I had the curling iron & the straight iron heated up. Quinlynne wanted me to use them on her. So...I did. It looked TERRIBLE!!!! It looked like she had on a wig. Grandi hated it as well. I couldn't get all of her hair straight because she wouldn't stand still & I was afraid I'd burn her. She was dying to go out with straight hair though. We compromised & I put her straight hair in a ponytail. If she decides to straighten her hair as she gets older- I hope she does a better job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks pleased with the result! My mom stopped wrestling with Keisha's hair ages ago, and just takes her to the salon on Saturdays to get all fixed up.

Brenda said...

Cute girl, either way.