Sunday, June 29, 2008

Free concert???




A gal from our ward emailed me earlier this week and told me about a free concert that was going to be at a Tulsa City County Library. I was torn because I also wanted to take Quinlynne to the Blue Bell Taste of Summer that was this Saturday as well. (There is a Blue Bell creamery just about 3 miles down the road from our house.) Well- Mother Nature helped me make up my mind. It was just nasty weather today. it was raining, storming, humid and windy. Yuck. I decided to forego the Taste of Summer and go to the concert at the nice, indoor, cool library.


We went to see Eric Herman perform. Check out his website here. At first Quinlynne didn't want to get off me. She soon warmed up, though. Barbie had to go to the concert with us and Quinlynne had to show her to some of the kids there. Eric sang a song about having ants in your pants and the kids had a dance contest during that song. Quinlynne definitely participated and was so excited.

After the concert I signed Quinlynne up for her own library card and she checked out two books and a DVD. I don't know if she has the entire jist of a library yet, though. She knew we were at the library...she knew there were books there....and a neat rug inside a tree where there is a reading room.....but I don't think it all sank in yet.

No comments: