Sunday, June 15, 2008

Omniplex anyone?

Last weekend Quinlynne and I went to Oklahoma City for a little mini vaca with our friends Angie, and Martez and their sons Elijah and Isaiah. Angie and I had decided that Quinlynne and I would be at their house so we could hit the road shortly after 7 am. Angie said "If you can make it up that early." Oh my dear- those words came back to bite her in the butt. So, Quinlynne and I rolled into her driveway about 7:07. We got out and knocked on the door several times and I finally got my cell phone and called Angie. No answer. Angie called me back. My call had awakened them. Tee hee! So, we hit the road bright and early at 8:30. I guess Martez was trying to make up some lost time because this is what happened to us about an hour into the trip.

Somehow (I think it was because the Trooper thought the kids were cute) Martez got off with a warning for going 83 in a 75 and not being able to find the insurance verification.

We made it to the Omniplex Oklahoma Science Museum and let loose of the children. Seriously, I think we adults had as a good a time as the kids did, if not better. (The Omniplex is a hands-on science museum.) Quinlynne played with alligators in the water, painted her face, put her head in an alligator's mouth, and climbed a rock wall.

I enjoyed feeling the pressure waves of an earthquake and Angie enjoyed a nap in the planetarium and got cozy with the bronze bust of a man.
The kids loved playing in the gymnastics area. They ran and played on the mats, did the parallel bars, did sommersaults (sp?) and the balance beam. I tell you what, those kids were tuckered out after the Omniplex. Isaiah and Quinlynne fell asleep before we even made it out of the parking lot.

After a scene was made at dinner (I ended up taking Quinlynne to the restroom, popping her behind and making her stand with her nose in the corner....THEN taking her out to the car before I was done eating) we took the kids and ourselves to the hotel pool. Everyone enjoyed themselves, except for Quinlynne. She was fine as long as she was doing what she wanted. She did not like actually getting her entire body in the pool. She did enjoy "pushing" momma in the pool, then having me swim back to her. All in all, it was an enjoyable first day.

1 comment:

Real Life Roberts said...

Fun times for you...I bet you had cute toenails to show off too! Maybe that's why the state tropper let you off...you're too cute!