Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oklahoma City Zoo

The 2nd day of our mini vaca dawned way too early for me. Quinlynne was a bear to sleep with during the night so my quality of sleep was not that great. We decided to get a bite to eat before we headed to the zoo. There was an IHOP next to our motel, but it looked crazy busy. So, we headed on down the road to Cracker Barrel. I do so love Cracker Barrel. As much as I wanted to shop inside, we rocked on the front porch so the kids wouldn't break anything inside. After our "20 minute" wait (I don't know how long it was- but I assure you it was a multiple of 20 minutes.) we were finally called. So, they take us into the dining room and they didn't even have a table ready for us. UGH! They got our orders wrong, it took freaking forever to get our food,e tc. Our "quick bite" was seriously a two hour ordeal.



With our bellies full we headed to the Oklahoma City Zoo. We saw Asian elephants that were trained. They even got Ranch dressing for doing special tricks. We saw Gorillas and Monkeys, Rhinos, a Bald Eagle, Bison, Bears, some ugly people, snakes, we fed the ducks and tons of other things. It felt like we walked around for 8 hours. I was hoping Quinlynne would take a nap early on. However, she held on and it wasn't until the end of the zoo that I looked down and she had her head covered with her blanket taking her nap. We thought we had seen everything. I got a message from Angie a few days later telling me we must not be very smart because she was looking at the map of the zoo and we missed a whole loop of the zoo! We missed the kangaroos, dolphins, etc. Sheesh!

No comments: