Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You say potato, I say potahtoe

Well, it looks like Quinlynne is following in her mom's footsteps when it comes to a few homophones. When I was little (age 5-7), I had a problem with Aaron, errand, and Baron. You see, my brother Aaron was born when I was 6, at the time we had a dog named Baron, and mom wanted to run errands. I was just so confused. Then I learned about the spelling of "errand" and it all started clicking for me.

Quinlynne Lucille is following in my footsteps. She likes to get out of the house, and go do things. Anytime we're coming back home when we haven't been gone very long she always starts whining and saying "No home, momma. We run errands." What she doesn't get that when I say we're going to run errands- that does not mean we're going to see Aaron. She always gets very excited and says "Ok! Aaron, and Mandy and Abby???" Poor thing. Sometimes she misses her Uncle Aaron so badly, she wakes up from naps crying for him. Just breaks my heart!

3 comments:

Sally said...

I've never had that problem, but I do have a certain child who never forgets anything. If we don't do something that I say we are going to do than I hear about it for a week. She's even been known to bring it up months later.

Real Life Roberts said...

That is so funny! To hear about you as a 6 year old...

Real Life Roberts said...

Oh yeah, I guess I'll tell you that Connor mentions in EVERY prayer to bless his UNCLES. Sometimes that is all he prays for...