Sunday, April 6, 2008

She finally asked

Well, you may know that since Quinlynne was born, I always said I would not pierce her ears until she asked to have them pierced. For a while now, I have been bitin' at the bit to get her ears pierced. She has been asking for a few weeks now to get them done. And, I've been going to get them done, but I knew mom would think I was lying about Quinlynne asking to get them done...but I was going to take her and have them done. However, I knew Mom would have a fit if she wasn't there for it....Mom has been gone with Uncle Don's illness and then his death and funeral. So- this weekend was it. My cousin Penny came up (I thought it fitting since Penny was there when I got mine done at the age of 3) and Mom met us.









We went to dance class Saturday morning, then we went to eat at IHOP. Quinlynne ate almost all of her cheeseburger, and she got a ladybug from the balloon man there.

We then went home and took a little nappy pappy. I didn't want to take a tired girl to get her ears pierced then her have a meltdown. Grandi called us right as we were about to head out the door and said she would meet us there. We went to Just Another Hole in Broken Arrow. They do not use piercing guns there. They use clamps and needles.

Quinlynne went and chatted up a tattoo artist while he was tattooing someone, went and tried to work with the staff, etc. She was her usual outgoing self. The time came. Grandi held Quinlynne on her lap, I manned the camera, and Penny spectated.










Quinlynne did quite well. She only cried for about 30 seconds when they stuck the needle through her ear lobes. The girls doing it (Kim & Bridgette) were very calming, very quick, and very smooth. Thank goodness they did both lobes at the same time. I don't think Quinlynne would have gone for being poked twice. Everyone clapped and cheered for Quinlynne when it was done; including the tattoo artist she'd been chatting up earlier.
She hopped down and looked at herself in the mirror and was pretty pleased with what she saw.

Afterwards, Kim and Bridgette explained to Quinlynne how her momma was supposed to take care of her ears and took a picture with her.



PS, for those of you who know my mom.....she did very well containing herself and her feelings about tattooing and piercing (anything besides ears) around all the tattooing and piercing going on.

1 comment:

Sally said...

So are needles better than piercing guns? I took Samm when she was a baby and I want to get Macy done too, but I think I'll wait a while still.