Monday, April 21, 2008

Future in healthcare?

I have had this terrible, irritating, continuous freakin' cough since the last week of February. Sometimes I'll be fine, then other times I'll get this catch in my throat and I can't breath and I start coughing and it is such a coughing fit that I think I'm going to pass out because I cannot inhale. There is no longer any "production" of anything with the coughing really, either. So- it's all to no avail.

So Friday night I had coughing fit. Quinlynne happened to be standing in front of me when I had this fit. Her pretty brown eyes got huge after a while and she wasn't sure if she should stay away from me, or come closer to try to help. When I finally stopped coughing she said "You okay, momma? That's a bad cough. You need help?"

I assured her I was going to be okay, and thanked her. She then came over and patted my back in consolation. She ran off to her toys and came back with her stethoscope and told me to sit back. She listened to my bowel sounds and chest- all the while with a look of concentration and concern.

Ah- my future caretaker!

1 comment:

Sally said...

You need to get that cough taken care of. I know I didn't go to medical school, but that can't be allergies.