Monday, April 14, 2008

Ruth, Ruth, Baby Ruth




OK, first of all....can anyone tell me what movie the "Ruth, Ruth- Baby Ruth" came from????




Quinlynne has been going pee pee in the potty quite a bit. Instead of bribing her with gifts, I do other things. She really likes taking baths instead of showers. So, I tell her if she can sit on her potty and push out some pee pee, she can take a bath. So while she did not need a bath today, I wanted her to go pee pee on the potty. She did so and I ran her bath water.

I was in the living room while Quinlynne was in the bathtub. I thought I smelled a little something, but chalked it up to my imagination. Then she yells for me. And she says "Momma, I poop in the bath." I repeated what I thought she said and she confirmed.

I get into the bathroom and my daughter has moved herself to her potty chair. I look in the tub and there is a huge piece of poo floating in the water. (And a few remnant pieces in the bottom of the water.) Now yes, it is true, I clean poo all the time at work- but this disgusted me. How on earth did I go about cleaning this? And then there's Quinlynne sitting on her potty chair wanting to get back in the bathtub. Sheesh!

Needless to say, I cleaned the poo, scrubbed the tub with Comet, then PineSol (which I needed to do anyhow) and ran fresh bathwater for my darling to frolic in. We had a nice little talk about when you feel that feeling, you need to carefully get out of the bathtub and go sit on your potty. I HOPE this never happens again!

And, for those of you wondering about the "Ruth, Ruth- Baby Ruth"....do you know what movie that line is in?? C'mon- where'd it come from????


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that this is a first time occurrence for you. Unfortunately, we went through a period with Deacon a while ago where this was a nightly occurrence.

Sally said...

Samm used to do that every night when she took a bath. The warm water relaxes them. You are much more sanitarty than me though, I would just have Josh scoop it out and we continued with the bath.

Real Life Roberts said...

YUCK! Ashley went throught a phase of that! I'm glad you are an official poop cleaner-upper at work so that can help at home!