Sunday, April 20, 2008

OOoh- that smell.....can't you smell that smell

Did anyone sing along with the title of this post?? Do you know what song it is from and by what artist??

Anyhow- as you may know, we have been working on potty training as of late. Quinlynne has been doing pretty well. I can probably count the number of accidents we've had in the past week on one hand. Not too shabby, in my opinion.

However, we haven't had too many Code Browns. I have, in fact, contemplated putting a diaper on her so she would just poop in it since that is what she is used to. She did poop in her panties one day, so we had to have a conversation about how you can sit on the potty and push out your poop in there. In fact, we've had that conversation a few times.

So, today I was in the shower getting ready for church. I knew Quinlynne had come in the bathroom and she told me "Momma- I peepeed in the potty!" I told her how proud I was of her. So, after a second I start to smell something. It had definitely been too long to just have been some stinky toots. I look out of the shower, over to the potty chair, and there it was....my daughter had poopied in the potty!!! But- where was my daughter?

I yelled for Grandi to come hither. She came and I told her that Quinlynne had poopied in the potty. I just wanted Grandi to help Quinlynne with the appropriate paperwork. Quinlynne, being the bright child she is- had gotten a burp cloth and tried to take care of the paperwork herself. Good attempt.

So- I was very, very proud of my daughter and her potty accomplishments today. We even wore panties, instead of a diaper, to church. No accidents there either. Yay for Quinlynne!!!

By the way- "oooh that smell...can't you smell that smell" is from "That Smell" by Lynard Skynard.

2 comments:

Real Life Roberts said...

THAT'S SO GREAT!! It's an accomplishment to get the first poop out of the way! Just be ready for a few more accidents before it's all COMPLETE!

miamore said...

YAY Quinlynne!!! Great job!