Friday, September 11, 2009

Rear end


Let me just rant for a few seconds. (By the way- isn't that a cute little rear end?)



Am I totally uptight, or is there entirely too much usage of the word (I'm going to actually write it out once, in case you're wondering and can't figure it out) ass on TV & radio nowadays? I consider myself to be rather liberal, but seriously? I don't want to hear it, and I certainly don't want my child (or anyone else's child under my watchful eye) hearing it. I haven't even watched the show "Dance your ___ Off" because I'm pretty off-put by the title. People are saying it in clips that we see for sitcoms, it's on the radio, in commercials, everything. I don't think I should have to worry so much about the language that will be on TV in the middle of the day or early evening....especially when I have it tuned in to ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, etc. I don't consider TBS or TNT to be especially "risky" TV stations, but gaaawwwwleeee (pronounced like Gomer Pyle is saying it)! Also- I'm attacked by this little 3 letter word when I'm driving in my car listening to the radio. I will admit, I was listening to a country station recently & they announced a new song. Kind of a catchy tune. But the first few words, and the repeated lyrics, are "I've got my toes in the water, ___ in the sand". Seriously? What the heck? Please tell me I'm not the only person who is noticing this. Am I just noticing it now because I'm more cognizant of things due to my 4 year old sponge?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So not just you! I think it is so crude. When did it become such an acceptable term?!

Angela said...

Definitely not just you! They also say the word Bitch frequently too! Drives me nuts!! In a few years, they will probably allow the "f" word too! Sickening!

Jen said...

Nope, not just you! We've talked about this before around here. It seems to be becoming the acceptable substitute for "Butt"--which we don't let Jack say because he cannot say it without it sounding like he's saying something really naughty. Oh, the fun of parenting!