Friday, September 4, 2009

My Dad

OK, again, I've been on the home computer. I wanted to share some pics of my dad with you. I realize that some of you never knew my dad. I hope that through some of these pictures, you'll feel like you knew him a little bit. There is this one: my 1st Easter...or maybe it was my 2nd, I don't really remember that particular day.
My dad letting his precious little girl (none other than me) open his birthday present. My dad and his sister, my Aunt Di. Check out those ears he has! When my mom was pregnant both times, my Granny (Mom's mom) used to say that she was gonna have to tape ears back if the baby came out with my dad's ears. I'll have to find some Navy pictures....his ears STILL stuck out, even when he was in the Navy.

This one is just funny to me. Dad had a new truck, and he was pointing to the fact that it's a Peterbilt. Not long after Dad died, my friend Brenda called & left me a voicemail. In a teary voice she said "I just pulled up behind a truck that had a bumper sticker reading 'Old truckers never die. They just get a new Peterbilt',". That is TOTALLY something my dad would have found hilarious.

There's this one of my parents with friends of theirs, the O'Dells. We had gone up to see them when they lived in Indiana.

My dad and Aunt Di, with me & my brother. It's okay, you can say it....I resemble my Aunt Di. My mom & my cousin Penny informed me a few weekends ago that the older I get, the more I'm starting to resemble her. (Notice the freakin' chin all of us have. UGH! Dad tried to make me feel better by telling me "Don't worry baby, that chin can take a hit and you'll never even notice it." My response was "Whatever Dad. 'Cause I get in so many fights" However, my brother has been in a few & I think he found Dad's words true.)

And this one is the best. This is my dad with his friend, Henry. Henry was making fun of Dad's hat that he got when we were in Branson. Seriously, my dad could be so gaudy. But, this smile is forever ingrained in my mind. My dad had what could be described as nothing other than a sh*! eatin' grin. Can you not just hear his laugh that goes with it?

One day soon you'll get to see pictures of my Dad, brother & I at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice picture of your parents and the Odells. I wasn't around your dad a lot, but when I was, I remember him being hilarious!

Becky said...

I really enjoyed those, thanks for sharing!