Thursday, September 3, 2009

A rarity

I have been spending some time on the home computer instead of my laptop lately. That leads me to look at old pictures on the computer. Such as this one:
I absolutely love this picture of Quinlynne & Aaron. She is so tickled, she can hardly contain herself. She absolutely loves my brother. And then there's this one:my dad feeding Quinlynne some plums & cereal. Since I was working full time, and Dad was home a lot due to his cancer...he helped out with Quinlynne way more than I ever would have anticipated. It truly shocked me. I love it, and miss him!

Then, there's these little goodies I ran onto:
Yes, that is me, Quinlynne, and her genetic materials donor...aka Adar, Butthead, Donor, Dumbass. Don't we look like one big, happy family? This was the first time he'd ever really spent any time with her. We had lunch together when she was 9 months old. (Don't I have a good fake sorority girl smile??) I know she does bare a striking resemblance to him. But, I'll go ahead and say it...she looks like my dad a great deal. Maybe I'm waxing sentimental because I'm stil in amazement that my little Miss Curly Q has already been here on this earth with me for 4 years. It truly, in all honesty, seems like she should just be toddling around. That's how I feel every time I look at her.


You know something crazy, one of the reasons I thought he (Donor) didn't want to have anything to do with me once I got pregnant was- I thought he was ashamed of me. I thought he was embarrassed to let anyone know he'd created a baby with me. My self-confidence was that low. I thought he was so much better looking than me. When I got these pictures I said to myself "What the crap was I smoking? Yes, he's attractive- quite good looking- but no better looking than me." Isn't it crazy what Satan can make us think about ourselves, if we let him in? Whatever the case- I will be greatful to him (Donor) forever. Why???? That's what you may be thinking. I am greatful to him for helping me make my beautiful, intelligent, loving, vivacious, caring daughter a possibility.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Satan sucks.

Jen said...

That is really freaky how she looks like a 50/50 mix exactly of him and your dad! Now that I type that, a 50/50 mix of two men doesn't sound so attractive, but she's beautiful!

Unknown said...

She does have your Dad's facial structure!!!! She is so pretty!!!!!

As a fellow mix girl, there is this hair product called Mixed Chicks which has been a godsend for me.

More importantly though, she really does look like a happy little person. Kudos to you!!!!

Angela said...

Well I thought ok....she has his nose but then everytime I see those pics of your dad as a child I think she looks just like him! She's beautiful no matter what!! Love you!