Monday, September 14, 2009

Pork chops, dinner rolls, butter, etc.

So, I don't know how many of you would consider yourselves "big girls" (it's not like I have a huge following- but I like to pretend I do). There is no getting around it; I am a big girl. There, I've said it. I feel as though I'm in an AA meeting. (Not that I've ever been to an AA meeting, either...but you always hear that on TV.) Anyhow, as a big girl, you get to hear lots of reasons why men like big girls. (Also, I always have a really hard time believing a man is attracted to a big girl. In my mind they always like the small girls.) So, you hear "I like a woman with a little meat on her bones," (most common); "I don't like small girls,"; "Why would I want to gnaw on a bone when I can have the whole piece of meat?"; "Throw that girl a pork chop, she's too skinny,"; etc. Are you getting the picture?


Well last week my clinical group met after clinicals to go over a presentation we are going to be giving. We met at the TCC Metro location. I cannot help but people-watch while I am anywhere. So, this rather "healthy" young lady walked by. She was probably 5'5", weighed around 325 lbs. Yes, this is obese, but far from the largest person I've ever seen. What got me though was the fact that she was wearing a strapless sundress. YES- I said a STRAPLESS sundress. Similar to this one:

This dress would not have been a bad idea if she had been waering a tshirt underneath, or a little cardigan on top. But the only thing this young gal had on underneath was her strapless bra.



I leaned over to my friend next to me and said "Just 'cause they make it in your size don't mean you need to wear it,". Apparently one of the men in my goup heard me say it, but had not seen the young lass. He said...are you ready for this???? "I like a little butter with my bread'". I almost fell off the chair. That was a new one on me. I asked him if he had seen the young lady, as she was on her way around again. When he caught the lovely vision, he told me I was in fact, right.



So- two things in one day. A young lady committing a major fashion faux pas, and a new saying. Anyone else like a little butter with their bread??

2 comments:

Becky said...

My bread must be well buttered! I like that one.

Sally said...

I've never heard that one before. At least that girl wasn't at the pool wearing a bikini, because I did witness that this summer. Who knows, maybe it was the same girl.