Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quinlynne-isms


Quinlynne has really kept me chuckling the past few days.


On Monday evening Quinlynne & I went to swim at our neighbor's house. The kid has been hounding me for over a month about when we can go over there to swim. This past weekend they opened their pool & I gave in & called the neighbors to ask if we could come over. As we were getting in the pool, I turned around to look at Quinlynne. She was walking down the steps, got a huge smile & said "Oh perfect! This water is just amazing!" I am so not used to hearing these "big people" comments coming from her 4-year-old mouth!


Today we visited the neighbor's pool again. We got in the pool water & were in there for a couple of minutes. I swam over to Quinlynne. She was holding on to the side & walking along. She said "Just perfect. This water temperanear....temperanear.....temp...oh whatever that word is....is perfect!" I taught her about the word "temperature".


When we first got to the pool, I had helped Quinlynne down the steps and over to the part of the pool where she wanted to be. Fast forward about 15 minutes. I asked her to do something (I don't remember what it was). She replied "Sure. Because you did indeed help me down the stairs earlier." Seriously??? INDEED??? Oh my.


Oh- the last one. I was taking Quinlynne to the library to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. I told her we were going to Sonic first and asked her if she wanted anything to drink. (It was Happy Hour!) She replied in the negative. I asked her again. She again replied in the negative, and informed me it would take too long. Well, I just was not going to miss Happy Hour! If we went to the library first, Happy Hour would have been over by the time we left the library. So, I rolled down my window & placed my order for my drink only. We sat there. And sat there. And sat there. From the seat behind me I hear "See Momma, I told you it would take a long time." That's all she said. Just had to prove her point. I was in the front seat, trying to suppress the laughter. (The picture is from her recital. I'll post more pictures & about the recital later!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly died when my kids started using the word "actually" in context- they were about two years old. When they were five and six and we moved to Russia, they went to a private school run by the UK, and so they picked up all the British/Scottish/Dutch/Irish/etc vernacular and accents from their teachers and friends. For example, we didn't Hurry, we were Smart and walked Smartly. :) And we didn't do something Right Now, we did it Straightaway. ha! They still use those terms!

Barbra said...

Indeed hysterical!