Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fishin'

A couple of weeks ago Quinlynne went fishing for the first time. Unfortunately for me, it was during a weekend when I couldn't walk without the aide of a cane, and did not eat or drink anything because that would lead to other bodily function & it was way too painful to walk or sit. I know, I know...poor, poor pitiful me! I was able to drag myself from the bed long enough to take a few pictures of Quinlynne before her first fishing trip with Uncle Charlie! She got a new rod & reel (Barbie) that even came with sunglasses. They were not gone for too terribly long. But, Quinlynne caught a fish! I think it's a perch (sp?). Uncle Charlie didn't catch anything. They were thoughtful enough to bring it home so Momma could take a picture of Quinlynne with the catch of the day!
(Side note: The poor fish did, unfortunately, meet its demise. It could not be released into a pond here by the house even because it had swallowed the hook all the way down into its belly. Dumb fish!)

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Can't blame the fish, when I eat I go all out too. Put some choclate on that hook and I would be a goner.

Angela said...

Dude where did he take her? Both the boys got fishing poles the other night and are dying to go fishing. There is a pond by your house?!?!?!?

Alyce said...

The poor fish! Though, I know is WAS its own fault, but how in the world does a FISH swallow a HOOK??? (i know it's a fishing hook) There's a bit of a size difference there...